1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 rem or sx1 win

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by viking44, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. viking44

viking44 TS Member

Hi
    can anyone tell witch gun would have the leest felt recoil

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Here we go

3. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I have one of each in the safe. They both shoot well and are soft shooters. My 1100 gets out more than the SX-1, but that's because my 1100 has a fitted stock.

Buy either one or both, you can't go wrong.

ss

4. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

My youngest shot an 1100 20 ga. till age 10. Wanted to shoot a 12 ga. He has been shooting a SX-1 since. At the time, he said the recoil was the same. When he started shooting the SX-1, kick was not the problem, gun is a little heavy. If you put a new tune up kit in the gun (Wrights) you will be amazed how little they kick.

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

I have lots of each. As I have stated a million times they guns fill different niches. The 1100 kicks softer but has more parts that are prone to wear or break. The parts are readily available and are cheap in the scheme of things. The SX-1 kicks harder but breaks less. The most common parts that break are readily available from 3 or 4 sources but if you break something major the parts are expensive. Stocks for an 1100 are easy to find and again relatively cheap. There is nothing about a SX-1 that is cheap. I like the way a stock sx-1 points better then an 1100. I like the way a stock 1100 is softer on recoil. I have both guns set up with every after market recoil reduction system that has ever been devised at one time or another. Neither guns kick much with the after-market recoil reduction units. When it comes to just ease of use I would have to give the nod to the 1100 ( cheap parts, ease to find, vendors having on hand what you might need). That said, you could buy a Beretta 390 or 391 with a G-squared and it might be the perfect combination between parts availability and dealing with mechanical breakdowns. I suspect mechanically it isn't as good as a Sx-1 but easier to find parts for and vendors will have stuff for it. Good luck1 Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.