1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 release

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Olrusty, May 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olrusty

Olrusty TS Member

Recently installed a used release in an 1100. When i release the carrier it slams foward as all 1100 do. But, this one also releses the hammer so when the bolt is in place ( foward) the hammer has already been released. It,s like the hammer comes out of the sear when the bolt hitss home or before it gets there. the Gn DOES NOT fire as the hammer is already in the 'fired' position. aNY HELP WOULD BE APP. OLRUSTY

2. gkinla

gkinla Member

Is the trigger a Timney or some other. If it's a Timney does it have adjustment screws? Again, if it's a Timney with adjustment screws I can send a picture of the instructions. All I have is a picture not the original paper.

3. bakergun

bakergun TS Member

gkinla
    Please check your PM
    Pete

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Trigger is faulty have a gunsmith or other qualified person look at the trigger this could be a dangerous problem as it did not fire this time but may at any time. Get help do not load the gun until the trigger is fixed.

5. Olrusty

Olrusty TS Member

gkinka--Don't know who built the trigger. No stamp or name anywhere. It does have one adjustment allen screw that looks like it would adjust trigger travel
    Old one eye--Thanks for the advice.

6. gkinla

gkinla Member

Just in case here is the picture.

[​IMG]

Sorry, this picture is for a pull trigger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.