1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Release Trigger Guidance

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by AveragEd, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Your questions, in order:

There are some junk release triggers out there. Stick with names like Timney, Spears or any of the ones made or converted by true gunsmiths, not a guy who has done one or two for buddies.

You can buy used release trigger groups for Remington shotguns for anywhere from $125 to $250, depending upon wear and condition. Just last week, I bought a Timney that had been used for 50 targets for $175 shipped to me. I bought two new ones directly from Allen Timney when he was still making them for $150.

Sure, parts can break but there aren't a lot of trigger parts that are under a lot of tension, so actual breakage is rare.

Better triggers - Timneys, for instance - can be repaired and parts for them are available.

Pretty much so, yes.

Ed

2. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

I've had timmey, schaub, & spear's. they are all good if taken care of! the best is the machine body's one's that timmey use to make? the'll run from 90.00 & up for a used schaub or spears to 200.00 to 300.00 for timmey? Buyer beware? My advice would be to contact a good gun smith like Tom larkin, and see if he has any available or can get you one, that way you know it's been service & ready to go. he's in tucson for a shoot right now. or if you have a good gun smith in your area check him out. ===slid==

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Call Darrel Johnson at Spears and buy a new one form him. It will outlast you.

On the other hand, I havethis Timney. Mnie is $250 + shipping, all steel, virtually new.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Oh, I am a doo fuss. I put up the wrong trigger. That is a 870. Sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.