1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 QUESTION

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Big Dave, Jun 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I had a customer ask me today if an 1100 step rib barrel will shoot any higher than a non step rib barrel. Had to say I didn't know but would find out, so please help me here.

Thanks

Big Dave

2. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

It will IF the shooter can raise the comb to get the same sight angle down the rib since the back of the step-rib is higher than the back of a flat rib. The height of the front bead is the same for both ribs, so technically speaking, the step rib will only shoot higher if the comb can be raised (which, of course, would also make the flat rib shoot higher).

Ed

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

What barrels do and what they are supposed to do can be two different things. Each barrel has to be tested and evaluated. HMB

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Average Ed has provided the correct answer.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The main purpose of the step rib barrel is to see less of the top of the rib when used with a trap stock, either straight comb or monte carlo. The stock and the height of the rib at the muzzle control point of impact, and the height at the muzzle for both types of ribs is nearly the same. If the step rib barrel was installed on a gun with a standard field stock, you might not see the bead because your eye my be too low. This depends on the physical features of your face.

6. 121083

121083 Member

My 1100 trap with a 30" step rib barrel shot 90% low at 40 yards. Approximately the 24 or 25 yard line. Had an adjustable comb put on and with 3 1/16th inch spacers under it it shoots between 60/40 and 70/30 at 40 yards. I see about 1/8th of an inch between the beads. Take the gun out and pattern it at both 30 and 40 yards to know where it shoots and what to adjust. Good shooting, Bob Morris.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.