1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Premier opinions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 686beretta, Jun 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I am thinking of trading my o/u for a Premier at the Ohio State. I would like owners either previous/current owners opinions. Tell me everything, likes, dislikes. EVERYTHING!

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    First, what kind of an O/U are you trading? We need to know both sides of this equation.

3. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

4. Brian in Oregon

Well, the 1100 Premier Sporting is a nice shotgun, visually, but underneath the "fine line" roll "engraving" and gold inlay, it is a standard 1100. It's not an overbored barrel, as it uses standard Rem Chokes. It doesn't have a trap stock. The stock is more suitable to skeet, sporting clays or field use. It's MSRP is $1359, which means you should be able to find it for at least $150 off of that.

The 85 TSS is not my cup of tea, but new it's running something like $500 more than the Remington. If your 85 TSS is older, if you paid less for it, and if it has wear, you might be on a level playing field. If your 85 TSS is closer to fine condition, you may be going negative on this deal.

Depends on how bad you want the 1100. Myself, I'd think the deal would be a lot sweeter if we were talking about the 1100 Competition, which visually looks similar but has the overbored barrel. It's MSRP is $1692, but I've seen them new for $1450, and really decent used ones in the $1200 range.

5. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I spoke in error, I am interested in the 1100 Competition with the adjustable comb. I shoot a TS for 16's and handicap. I am a AA and 26 with my Kolar, I want to try something new, I have not had the success with the SKB I have had with the Kolar. I do realize it is the Indian not the arrows.

6. Brian in Oregon

Well, personally, I'd do it for a Competition. Especially if the SKB wasn't cutting the mustard. Keep in mind the comb is sloped. You could see if someone like Tron could make a replacement top that is wedge shaped, so the top of the comb is parallel. That would allow you to use the same stock but the comb would be better suited for trap. Myself, I'd make one and cover it in soft black leather.

7. dubois

dubois Member

I have 1100 competition w/ adjustable comb, in excellent condition. price $1100.00, if interested I can send pictures.
    Steve Trent

8. Squeal

Squeal Member

Just put more washers in the back than on the front and then it is not sloped. On my competition, 2 less washers on the front makes the comb parallel with the rib.

9. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I misspoke I meant an 1100 Competition. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.