1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 - O -Ring

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cityboy, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cityboy

cityboy TS Member

Can someone tell me the type and size of the O ring for an 1100 so I can go to my local hardware store and by one.
    Thanks
    Mike

2. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Call Remington at 1-800-243-9700 and order "Barrel Seal" They are heat resistant and last about
    5,000 to 10,000 rounds depending on how hot you make the gun get from shooting
    and cost a couple of dollars each

The nickel-dime hardware store rings will burn up and put caked residue in your gas system

3. JLW

JLW TS Member

Buy a few so you have them on hand, the shipping cost will be too high to buy them individually or, go to a shop speacializing in bearing assemblies; Detroit Ball Bearing, or something similar. I think you can get the same thing there.-Jerald

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I just got a dozen from the local bearing supply co. Cost me 75 cents each. You have to get the ones made of Viton.

The Remmy ones are 5 dollars and change now.

HM

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Been using Ace Hardware o-rings for years on my daughter's 1100.

Replace them regularly, and you'll be fine. About 33 cents apiece.

I think they are plumbing size 33.

The dimensions are 15/16" ID

1-1/16" OD

1/16" cross section

The plumbing o-rings are neoprene and will not last as long as the viton ones you get from Remington.

But, at 33 cents each, you can replace them once or twice a year and still come out ahead.

Tim

6. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

021 works for 12 Ga 1100 and SX-1s. I would bet a LOT of money that "barrel seals" are not made specifically for Rem and are, in fact, a standard chemical and heat resistant o-ring such as the Buna-N or Viton. I just bought 100 Vitons on-line and, incl shipping, they were about 14 cents each.

Try allorings.com

Stephen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.