1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Mod.Trap barrel F/S

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by stainlessbt99, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stainlessbt99

stainlessbt99 TS Member

I have a older 1100 Trap barrel f/s. It is marked Mod. Trap on barrel. Bore shinny and bluing in very good condition. $210.00 shipped to your door
    Email me directly with questions.
    Thanks

2. bulgie

bulgie TS Member

Must have a gold rib. Good luck

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If it's a step rib barrel, they are not very plentiful in Mod. What length do you have and is it a step rib?

HM

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Also, you might want to mike it and see what the constriction is. I have a step rib factory big bore trap barrel on one of my 1100's that is stamped "mod" from the factory. It has a .746 bore and .039 constriction, it was obviously mis-marked when it was manufactured. I'm happy it was; I prefer from .035 to .041 choke for any trap gun.

Ken Rucker

5. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

They're excellent barrels. I have two in the mod #9614. And $210 is a good price. I paid $200 for mine, six or seven years ago. They're worth it. They pattern tight, shoot straight, if not a tad flat - which I tend to like

And Remington's fixed mods were good for handciap to about 22 to 24 yards. After that, you want the full. At 16 - they smoke birds almost as well as the full does.

You'll find the fixed choke Remington barrels to pattern 60-65% at .... FORTY FIVE yards for the mods and over 70% to 77% for the full chokes.

Best barrels ever made - period. I wouldn't hesistate to bet my Remington's barrels against any "deep drilled" Perazzi barrel on a pattern board with quality loads - ANY time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.