1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 mess

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by trap906, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trap906

trap906 Member

0   0   0

I bought a new 1100 reciever from numrich through gunbroker. It was advertised as a 12 ga. I had some parts left over from other projects for a 12 ga. 1100. Had to buy some things I didn't have, but now that I have everthing I realize my ejection port and magazine tube are too small for a 12ga. shell! After talking to remington and running serial # I now Know i have one of the older standard frame 20 ga. recievers. My question is, can I changr to 16ga. or 20ga. by simply getting the proper barrel, intercepter latch, feed latch, and proper bolt? Has anyone got these parts for sale? I know that barrels are really hard to come by, but numrich seems to have other parts except for a bolt, which is very exspensive! I need some help..Rob

2. oz

oz Active Member

0   0   0

why not contack numrich, tell them the story and ask to swap for a 12 gauge??? oz

3. trap906

trap906 Member

0   0   0

okay, let me ask another way. Does anyone have a barrel and a bolt for a standard frame size 1100 in 20ga. at a reasonable price ?

4. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

Not much help to your issue, but the old standard size 20 gage is worth more than the 12 gage.

5. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

0   0   0

...be really neat to sleeve the 20 gage barrel for 28 gage and have the bolt face re-done to accommodate the 28 along with a 28 gage extractor?

6. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

it's not woth screwing with as standard 20ga barrels bring a premium. Jeff

7. vatrap

vatrap Member

0   0   0

Stick with Jeff on this one, the 20 ga. is hard to find and parts are even harder to find. I have been chasing a shell latch for about a year for mine. Barrels run in the $300+ range when you can find them.

Mike

8. darincraft

darincraft Member

0   0   0

I just contacted a guy at barrelexchange.com and we traded barrels. I had a magnum 3" plain with a cutts that I gave him with $150 for a brand new 28" VR 2 3/4". He has about 15 standard 20ga barrels ranging from $200 on up. Do a search on gunsamerica and gunbroker, there are a couple of guys selling parts for the 20ga Std.

I am pretty lucky, mine is in perfect shape and only has about 100 rounds through it. I agree with everyone when they say to not mess with the 20. I would rebuild it, sell it for $500 or so and buy a 12 if that's what you want.

Hope this helps
    Darin

Don't know how particular you are but here is a barrel, unfortunately the bolt might be impossible to find. Of the parts you have what do you have specific to the 20 ga std?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=217555186
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/929004087/Non-Guns/Barrels/remington_1100_STD_20_mag_barrel_plain_28_in_FULL.htm

9. trap906

trap906 Member

0   0   0

well, I don't have anything that is specific for the standard frame 20. I'm assuming, I need a bolt, feed latch, and intercepter and a barrel???

10. darincraft

darincraft Member

0   0   0

Trap,
    If all you have is the reciever, I would return it and get the 12 ga like you thought you were getting. The parts you need are pretty rare and if you did find them, they would undoubtedly be outrageously priced. I thought you had some of the parts, sorry about the misunderstanding.

Darin

11. trap906

trap906 Member

0   0   0

yeah I know, but I wouldn't mind having a 20, if wasn't so pricy to build. I did find a couple of barrels, but would have to do some work on them, choke tubes, rib, ect...kinda burns my butt that Numrich did that to me.

12. Shoemaker

Shoemaker Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Not only will you need the bolt, but you will need a 20ga action arm as well as a 20ga bolt will not fit onto a 12ga action arm. There is another $70 to $85.

13. darincraft

darincraft Member

0   0   0

Ok well if you want a bullet proof 20ga the standard is a good gun, however before I would spend the money (I am estimating near $700 if you can find the parts), I would buy one of the four or five that are for sale on guns america or GB. I think one of them is $350, but the guy said it is rough.

-OR-
    maybe even a better idea is to buy an LT-20. It might (my opinion) not be as durable, but when it breaks you will be able to at least find parts for it.

Darin

14. trap906

trap906 Member

0   0   0

hey guys I found a old 1100 20ga. parts reciever with bolt and action arm for pretty cheap... maybe all is not lost

15. darincraft

darincraft Member

0   0   0

Good deal, buy it and shoot the crap out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.