1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 magazine spring and retaining cap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ken a, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken a

ken a Member

While changing barrels 0n my Rem 100 in the field, the magazine spring and retaing cap came loose and into high grass never to be seen again. where do you find these 2 items. I couldn't find it in the midway cat.
    Ironicly this happened shortly after a warden checked my gun for the proper shell capacity by trying to jam in another shell to prove it was legal. It still was my fault for not watching more closely but the doves were flying and I wanted to change to the full choke barrel in a hurry. Your suggestions appreciated. Thanks Ken

2. alant

alant TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can order direct from Remington. Cheaper than other sites and usually less shipping.

3. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Brownells probably has what you need.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I just got a email "Sale" from Remington...all parts (and the ones you need) are 20-25% off.

Curt

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Sounds like the game warden was really roughhousing it. there's no need for that. If that happened to me I'd be complaining to his superiors. You don't force ammo into a shotgun.

We get reports of some game wardens here (actually state police) from time to time who try to force a sixth round into a semi-auto rifle magazine. Good way to screw up the feed lips. And if they manage to get one in so tight that the bolt can't even get it out, doesn't matter. Instant ticket. This is why some guys threw in the towel and plugged theirs to four rounds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.