1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Left Hand Safety Conversion

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by roger8918, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roger8918

roger8918 Member

I have a right handed 1100 LT-20 that I need to convert over to a left hand safety. Midway makes a kit for $15 but I'm not sure if this is a gunsmith job or not. Any body out there done this?

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

assuming the 20g is the same as the 12. The safety should drop in. You remove the trigger group. You will see the pin holding the spring and ball above the safety. I use a tooth pick once the pin is freed up. Then slowly remove pick to remove spring and ball. Safety will now slide out. install the LH safety so red indicator is on the right side reinstall ball spring and retaining pin. Old school was to drill a new hole on opposite side of exsisting spring/ball hole then flip factory safty. Tanks rifle shop has some good remington shotgun stuff. I suffer from leftsaftyitis. about every 6 shots or so the right hand safty will sneak on when shooting lefty.

3. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Uncle Mike's used to make a LH safety for 1100s but their lawyers put a stop to that. Does anybody else still make these?

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I guess I answered my own question. See link.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

also see tanks rifle shop, more money for the safety from tanks. they have other remington parts also including the competition master carrier/oversized release assembly

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
convert remington safety to left hand
converting a remmington1100 to a left handed safety
left hand safety conversion

remington 1100 left hand safety conversion

remington 1100 left handed safety conversion
usa midway left handed remington safety conversion
where to buy remington 1100 left handed safety conversion