1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 help

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by rrose, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrose

rrose TS Member

What does the interceptor latch do on an 1100. I broke the back tip off on my trap 1100 and now have ordered a replacement. If it is not needed for single shot shooting I will leave it off a while. Any special tricks to replacing it, the spring and the clip?
    Thanks for any advice. randy

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

I aint sure exactly what it does but it must intercept something and by where it is in the parts diagram/picture its down in the area that if it were me I would replace it as soon as you get the new part in your hands.

3. rrose

rrose TS Member

4. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

The interceptor latch on the 1100/'87 only captures the second shell in the magazine. If you load one in the chamber and one in the magazine, the interceptor latch does not come into play.

Bottom line. If you do not put more than one shell in the mag, don't worry about the interceptor latch. BTW, the interceptor latch retaining clip is generally damaged when removed. Make sure you get a new interceptor latch rataining clip when you do decide to replace it. One needs the correct tool to properly install it. I have not been able to install one without damaging it unles I used the correct "C" clip installation tool.

5. rrose

rrose TS Member

thank you for the info. I appreciate the help.
    randy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.