1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Help Needed

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jls7522, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jls7522

jls7522 Member

Dad brought me his old 1100 last weekend and said that it wasn't working right. It appeared to be clean, but I cleaned it throughly again and took it out to test. The gun fires, the shell ejects and locks the bolt back. The 2nd shell comes out of the magazine and sits in the receiver but the bolt will not release. I believe a magazine spring may fix the issue, but wanted to hear your thoughts before I spend 30 bucks on one.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

pull out trigger group and clean really good. When you think its clean do it again. dont forget to clean reciever really well.

3. jls7522

jls7522 Member

I cleaned the trigger group twice with gunscrubber and the doused it in a light oil and blew it all out with compressed air. I will try to give the receiver another good cleaning tonight.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

You could clean out the Magazine Tube and stretch the spring a little. No more than an inch or so. That would tell you if that could be the issue. I've seen more trouble with the carrier release. A piece of shot, fired primer, or some other debris can get in behind it and cause it not to work properly. I've even seen a piece of the forend support break off and lodge in there. It usually needs to be taken apart and cleaned out properly. Spraying it out and blowing with compressed air does not always do the trick. If the lever is bent, you can replace it. The best way to tell is to swap out the trigger with another gun that works well. If the problem goes away, you know where to look.

5. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

One of the legs on the carrier is probably broken. Take trigger assembly out and replace with one from another 1100 that is working OK. If the gun functions with the new trigger you can be pretty sure it's the carrier latch. HMB

6. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

99% of the time it is the carrier latch. Either dirt behind the plunger, in the spring, or one of the pivoting legs is cracked or broken.

Doug

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

M R Ducks,

All in agreement? That's GOT to be a first for TS.com :)

Quack!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.