1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Help/Information?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SF SGM, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Due to illness and recoil problems, I am thinking about putting together an 1100 for trap. Looking at the Jack West stock and was inquiring about the barrel. Which do you guys think is the best barrel, the older fixed choke or the newer tubed/overbored? Thanks for you insight.

Van

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Definitely the fixed full choke barrel. I put one together with an old full choke barrel. It's the perfect combination. The Probore barrel is too heavy.

3. pigman66

pigman66 TS Member

You might want to check the Remington web site and look at the Remington 1100 Comp with the fiber glass stock.
    Paul

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Another possibility is an 1187 with the factory backbored step rib barrel.

5. TomB

TomB Member

SF SGM...I have an 1100 that I bought in 1963 that has a .745 back bored barrel. So...look for an old one and measure the barrel. Tom B

6. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Thanks for the responses, I will look around and see what is out there.

Van

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Good luck on the 1100 synthetic competition. I have been trying to find a new one for several months.

8. rondl

rondl Member

I put the Jack West stock on my 1100 with 30 inch rem choke barrel. Ran a 50 straight the first time I fired it. The bump buster really reduces the recoil.

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I would go with the fixed choke barrel. Saying that I would shoot the barrel first. 1100s were real popular trap guns in the 60s and 70s, and a lot of guys had their barrels worked on to get that edge.

I started shooting with an 1100 and will probably end up shooting one. To me the recoil is minimual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.