1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Guru's

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Trap4two, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap4two

Trap4two TS Member

1100 Guru

I have a 1100 3" Magnum. I put a 23/4"barrel on the magnum receiver. Shoots great with pull trigger. Put release trigger in, only shoots once. Shells will not feed from the magazine. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks Mike

2. Trap4two

Trap4two TS Member

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Something wrong with the release trigger....sell it and use the pull trigger. Regards, Ed

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

The 3" inch gun will not cycle 2 3/4 inch shells. there is an additional 1/4" in the 3 inch shells.

Gary

5. stroker4

stroker4 Member

something wrong with release trigger,I switch Barrels back and forth all the time,from 3 inch to 2 3/4 inch works fine.

Ferrell

6. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I know this sounds a bit different...make sure the magazine tube spring has plenty of "spring" to it and the follower slides easily. The second shell has to snap back pretty hard to engage the follower trip lever. You might check this by SAFELY loading 3 shells and see if the second one works by adding the spring tension of the second shell in the magazine tube. Make sure you unload it!!!

Bob Schultz

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Where is the bolt resting when this happens? Locked back? Or closed?

8. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

See if you can borrow someone in your areas release to see if it will work with it. It sounds as though its the trigger.

If your in KS, I have some we can try.

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

If you can give Brian a little more information, he can probably tell you what's wrong and how to fix it. It does matter.

Ajax

10. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

It's probably the carrier release that sticks up out of the back of the carrier. If the hammer hits it when its out of the gun it will stick and not release the second shell.

Rick

11. Trap4two

Trap4two TS Member

With the release trigger installed the shells in the magazine will not drop when the bolt is pulled back. I pulled the bolt back a couple of times and the shell comes out the bottom. Thanks for all the input so far. Mike

12. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Lay the 2 triggers side by side and see what's different........

Ken

13. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Id just try a different gun before I went looking for a different trigger. Probably do the same thing in any other 1100. Trigger is the problem.

Longshot is way off. A three inch gun will cycle 2 3/4 ALL day long. His might need a cleaning.

Nick

14. kirbythegunsmith

kirbythegunsmith Member

The most likely problem, if described correctly in saying that shells fail to come out of the magazine tube when the release trigger assembly is in place, is a bent carrier obstructing the shell that is trying to exit the tube. Here is one recent example of this problem.

<a href="http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x109/kirbythegunsmith/shotgun/?action=view&current=carrierbent.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

If the alternate trigger plate assembly put the interceptor latch out of position, you would not be able to insert a shell past to load the magazine in the first place.

If the feed latch was keeping the shells in place incorrectly, the problem would occur independent of the trigger plate assembly due to the operation of the feed latch being governed by the action bar assembly.

When the shell latches work properly and the carrier incorrectly blocks (contact with the shell base) the shell from exiting the tube, when the carrier lifts up by your cycling the bolt, the magazine spring can finally push the shell out BELOW the carrier and onto the ground.

Kirby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.