1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 gasket

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by buffalobill, Sep 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buffalobill

buffalobill TS Member

Does any one know off hand what size o-ring gasket fits a remington 1100 20 ga. I have bought o-rings from Home Depot that worked just fine @ $.20 a piece vs $4.00 for an offical remington one. My son stopped shooting this gun 2 yrs ago not sure what happened to the old ring and package of store bought ones. Thanks for any input.

Bill "a 4-H dad" Seemueller

2. setter

setter Member

try this!

3. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

This info below I coppied from another thread for 12 Gauge 1100 O-rings,

I would assume you could go to Napa for the 20 Gauge size also.

tom

Go to your local NAPA auto parts store and get a size 21 Viton o-ring.

A size 33 plumbing o-ring from Ace Hardware works too, but they're Neoprene, and you should change them once a year even if they look good. About 33 cents each.

In either case, the dimensions are:

15/16" ID
    1 1/16" OD
    1/16" cross section

There is a website called http://www.allorings.com that sells o-rings too, but you need to buy a lot to make it worthwhile.

4. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

You are better off spending the small anount of money and stick with the factory replacement o-ring (called "barrel seal") Replacement o-rings for car parts and plumming are often not compatable with oils and solvents used on guns to clean and lubricate them. The o-rings tend to swell and will jam or make your remington fail to operate. They also tend to deteriate at a faster rate.
    Bob

5. Smithy47

Smithy47 Member

Timb99, respectfully, I am trying to help out the average guy that tries to replace the barrel seal on Remington 1100 and 11-87.
    I have worked on several that come in with the wrong o-ring and it is the only proble the shotgun is not working properly.
    There are several factors in obtaining a workable o-ring, hardness, oil resistance, and temperature are a few.
    Neoprene is only good to 250 degrees and is not compatable with many oils. It is usually used aroung air conditioning (freon, amonia, etc)
    Viton is good to 400 degrees but is also not compatable with some lubricants.
    Kalrez is a good one as it is good to 615 deg. and will not swell or deteriate with most oils or solvents that would be used on a firearm.
    I do not know what Remington uses for their o-ring material, but I know it works and they are not expensive. If properly cleaned they will last a very long time.
    Good shooting. Bob

6. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

No. 019 for 20 gauge. Buna-N 70 durometer will work. Viton comes in (2) durometers 75 & 90 This will work better. Holds up to heat better 400+ degrees. Any gun oil or hoppes type solvent will not be an issue with viton rings how you are using them. If you run into a jam getting them locally shoot me a PM. I just hooked up a guy on here from Florida with some for his 12 ga. I'm in oil and o-rings all day long I have some I can get to you. I've had rings burnt, crisp, torn and charred in my 1100's and 11-87's and they still cycle like a champ. Let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1100 o ring replacement

1100 remington o ring

model 1100 20 gauge o ring placement
remington 1100 20 gauge o ring size
remington 1100 barrel seal size
remington 1100 o ring gasket
remington 1100 o ring size

remington 1100 o ring size 12 gauge