1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 gas hole size

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sliverbulletexpress, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

I have an 1100 2 3\4 chamber Remington barrel cut off to 18 1\2 inches and need to enlarge the gas holes in the barrel to get it functioning. Has anyone know about how big I need to take them out to?

2. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Just a little bit bigger than what it takes to make it function!

Seriously, it is a trial-and-error process. You will need to have a set of numbered drills so that you can proceed in very small increments. I prefer to drill both ports each time I go up a step.

Jim Skeel

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have number drill size 45, to cycle 7/8 oz loads in my ported skeet barrel.

cycles good with 18.5 of titewad.

YMMV

HM

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

My Dr is the only one allowed to check my gashole

5. jbifulco

jbifulco Member

skeeljc is exactly correct. I just did the same thing last week. When I got to the rage with my numbered drills I found out that my freshley cut down 18.5" barrel cycled 2 3/4 dram loads no problem.

Did you shoot it yet? I might just work as is.

Joe

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I will try it again before with some different shells before I start drilling.

Calvin MD, you know if you read your nickname and then your post I fella could get the wrong idea!LOL I don't even like to let my Dr. do that especially when starts from down the hall to get a run at me. To top it off last time he left the door open and when he walked out he announced "It's Tiny" and was laughing along with everyone else in the waiting room. It just don't seem right to make it to old age and then have to put up with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.