1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 for hunting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 92690, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 92690

92690 TS Member

Need 1100 12 ga. for hunting. Need not be perfect,but in very good condition.

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

before the laws changed in mass best place for hunting guns and plinkers, local pawn shop.

3. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

What is your budget? low8X2@yahoo.com

4. Iampro-hunting

Iampro-hunting TS Member

I have a really nice 1100 field gun. It is 2 3/4inch only with a 28 inch vent ribbed barrel. It is marked full but has been opened up to modified by a gunsmith. I would need to get $375 out of it to part with it. If interested shoot me an email at XXpro-hunting@hotmail.comXX Make sure to leave off the X's at the front and back of the address or I will not get it.

5. HHS

HHS TS Member

I can think of better guns than 1100's for hunting. I had one, hated it. I did not like the location of the safety. It's not in a natural position for quick shots, not like a good tang safety. I just didn't feel good leaving it off while hunting grouse and pheasants and can't tell you how many birds I've lost farting around with that damn thing.
    I'd look at a good semi, pump or o/u that have safeties where they belong.

6. Sam (ATA Noobie)

Sam (ATA Noobie) Member

I bought an 1187 as a backup gun and is now my hunting gun.

I've used for Pheasants, Geese, Ducks, and now deer. The 3" chamber was great for geese and the occassional turkey. Follow-up shots were great and it's never failed on me.

Never had a problem with the safety location. Threw slugs well for me. I use open sights, but 50 yards produced a 4" group off-hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.