1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 disconnector, connector, sear spring

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, May 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I have a balky 1100. Ejects shell, feeds new shell from magazine, bolt closed, hammer cocked, then trigger goes squish. I've tracked it down to the disconector and connector not rotating freely. Gave it a bath with Gun Scrubber and a light spray of RemOil. Still balky. I noted a slight kink in the sear spring. I guess I better replace that. I don't mind over-paying for a 35 cent spring, but it's the postage that galls.

Any ideas?

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Look at the bolt, at the rear is the split I call it Wishbone that the hammer passes between, is it bent or possibly broken, slowing down the hammer.

Then again hammer spring may be broken or weak.

Will look and see if I have a spring, if I have one I will e-mail you or PM you.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. alant

alant TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have some sear springs. $6 each shipped.

Alan

4. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Thanks Alan. I went through some parts I got from a guy that got rid of this 1100s and found a sear spring. Still not functioning. Works fine when the trigger group is out the gun, but when I put it back in the gun, trigger goes squish and the hammer doesn't drop, every time now.

There's something that keeping the connector from dropping. I may be missing an interceptor latch retainer. Could the interceptor latch be inferring with the disconnector?

5. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Connector lever does go on top of the disconnector doesn't it?

6. birddogs46

birddogs46 Active Member

had the same problem on one of my 878's that is the auto that was right b4 the 1100's came out, i took a connecter from a spare trigger group that was for a 870 and replaced the connector and it worked just fine remington wouldn't send me a new connector because i wasn't an authorized remington gunsmith don't know if that is still their policy or not....dk

7. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Connector and disconnector are "restricted parts". Remington feels the gun could become unsafe if those parts are modified, maybe to try and convert the action to full auto. Lost of parts interchanged between 878s and 870s.

8. alant

alant TS Supporters TS Supporters

Disconnectors are available from Remington. Can be bought by any individual. I have bought several.

Alan

9. Wolf172

Wolf172 Member

mrskeet, you are correct about the front of the connector going on top of the tail of the disconnector.

10. Wolf172

Wolf172 Member

mrskeet, also the interceptor latch is held in with a 'c' type retaining clip. The "burr" on the clip should face toward the inside of the receiver. Not against the receiver wall. Let me know when you get the gun running what the problem was if you dont mind.

11. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Wolf - I'll let you know. I'm wondering if the missing interceptor latch retainer is allowing the interceptor latch to ride up on its pivot shaft and interfere with the free movement of the disconnector, and consequently the connector.

12. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I pulled the trigger group from my 20 gauge 1100 (old, full-sized) and dropped it in the 12 gauge. The 20 gauge trigger won't drop the hammer in the 12 gauge receiver either. But, the 12 gauge trigger group seems to function fine in the 20 gauge receiver.

Gotta make me think it's something with the receiver, not the trigger group. Only problem I can see with the 12 gauge receiver is the missing interceptor latch retaining clip.

13. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Check your action bars. Especially the left bar. This is what moves the disconnector so that the trigger will fall. If the bar is binding on the side of the receiver or if the bar is broke or worn, the disconnector may not move enough to allow the hammer to fall.

14. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

One other thing to check is the locking lug and its matching groove in the barrel extension. If this lug does not go fully into the "notch" thast too can prevent firing by locking the disconnector out of closing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.