1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Deflector stud.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Model12, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Model12

Model12 Member

Is there any simple fix to replace the small stud on an 1100 trap barrel? Thanks, Bob

2. 333t

333t Member

They are soldered in. You can buy a replacement from Remington.

Phil

3. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

Actually, they are soldered in. They have a stem on them that goes into a hole in the tang and then silver soldered into place. Afterward, they are filed so that the forward side gets a bevel. I still have several that I purchased from Remington. Cost as much to ship and purchase.

I've been just as successful drilling the tang and then using a 6x32 round head, hex drive, gun screw. This method works better with a shell catcher for singles, and is effective for Doubles, too.

Kip

4. Model12

Model12 Member

Thanks for the responses. I've called the rep in Ilion and so far no return call. I'm handy so I'm sure one of the suggestions will work. Bob

5. elmo

elmo Member

How far up from the edge of the tang and how far off the back edge. Want to fix my barrel with the stud but not sure of the measurements. Thanks

6. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I just do a small spot weld with a MIG and shape it as needed. Works well and the don't break off. Jim

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v337/Jim45/Gun%20stuff/?action=view&current=20gahulldeflector002.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.