1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 CT and Jack West Stock Forend Fit ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by HarryK, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarryK

HarryK TS Member

Before I order a new Jack West stock I have a question that someone who has purchased one may be able to answer. The new 1100 CT comes with the light contour barrel and the JW stock was designed around a standard barrel. Will the forend fit properly on light contour barrel or will it have excessive or objectional clearence?

I thought I had read in some old threads something about the inability to interchange these forends.

So if anyone has put a new Jack West stock on a new 1100 CT with the Lt Contour Barrel please let me know how it fit.

Thanks Harry

2. BMC

BMC Member

I can't speak for the JW forearm, but if it is the same synthetic forearm that you can buy for any 1100/1187, they fit on my 1100 Comp with the LC barrel. There is a slight gap between the edge of the forearm where it fits against the barrel, very slight and nothing that was really noticable. I believe there was someone (CalvinMD???) that installed a JW stock and forearm on his Comp with a LC barrel, hopefully he can give you more correct information regarding that forearm specifically.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I use a light contour barrel in the standard forend on my 1187 with no problems.<br>
    <br>
    The barrel channel in the forend for both standard and light contour barrels is exactly the same for the first few inches. After that, the channel is wider on the standard, and narrower on the light contour.<br>
    <br>
    You can put a light contour barrel into a standard forend and it will fit snug for the first few inches, then have a slight gap for the rest of the forend. It's almost as if the barrel is "free floated", for lack of a better description.<br>
    <br>
    The Jack West forend is standard contour. It will fit the light contour barrel of the 1100 Classic trap as described above.<br>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1100 forend lt conture barrel