1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Cosmetic Flaw

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Colonel Reb, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

I just got an 1100 classic trap. On the forend there apparently was a nick of some sort. The factory filled it with gold or brass and then put the gloss finish over it. Is this a common practice?

2. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

The truth has been told. Go forth and worry no more. I have a bunch of forend's just like yours. Jeff

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Damn Remington boys was a tryin' to screw him! just kidding reb. it's an honest mistake.

brett d.

4. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

I originally thought that's what it was, but didn't know what it would be necessary for.

5. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

LOL! I once called Briley to ask them why my 390 had a small hole inside the barrel and could they fix it. The guy said nope, that's the gas port....here's your sign.

6. famill00

famill00 TS Member

My 1100 has that dang brass pin too! Honestly, I think it is there for some sort of reinforcement.

Forrest

7. mustache

mustache TS Member

To Remington's credit, the wood fore end of an 1100 Classic Trap I bought last month started to develop a hairline crack. They gladly replaced it under warranty based only on my phoned-in claim.

8. schutzemgud

schutzemgud TS Member

Joe tell me that you don't mean it. Ha It's bad enough you corrupted poor JerBear into Beretta but now saying that.

Mike

9. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

I've got an old superposed and man you should see how wide they left the rib on that thing. talk about cutting corners!

brett d.

10. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

Mustache, how long did it take? A gal at our club had a new 1100 Competition and the foreend split. It has been gone for three months now. I'm about to call Remington for her as the store that sold it to her sent it back but won't follow up on it.
    Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.