1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 competition

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeeter37, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeeter37

skeeter37 TS Member

Looking at buying 1100 competition. Wondering if the people out there shooting them are likeing them?

2. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

GREAT SPORTING AUTO-NOT FOR TRAP SINGLES-RICK ZINO

3. coyote268

coyote268 TS Member

I've had mine for six or seven months now. Got it to shoot doubles. Just now starting to shoot it well. Had some problems with the comb being to low so got some higher pins and it really helped. Recoil is so light you hardly notice it. Helps me on my second shot. Of course, anything would help me on my second shot. Instead of a IC choke that came with it I wish they would have put in a IM. Very reliable as I haven't had any jamming except with Winchester steel base hulls. The cheepies. Its balace is quite different than my 99 so I am having to learn to adjust to that but it is very quick handling. It does have some weight to it though. All in all, I really like it and women and youngsters really like shooting it due to it soft recoil.
    Dan

4. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

The folks that I know who have them love them. I would own one today but the brain trust at Remington won't make it in a 28" bbl. I have written them twice and got the same "your SOL" response.

I suppose I could put my current 1100 bbl on one and forget about the Pro-Bore stuff. I would not hesitate getting one for trap and getting a Wenig stock for it.

5. rrose

rrose TS Member

skeeter;
    I had a competition and also another 1100 with the step rib barrel and a Morton recoil reducer/shell catcher installed. The competition recoiles less that the other even with the recoil reducer on the other. It is amazing how soft shooting it is. The probore barrel also shoots a great pattern that is at least as good as the step rib barrel. I did not try but I understand that you can make the adjustable comb parralel by raising the back more than the front so it would be a great trap gun that way. I think the competition is a great gun and worth the higher price.
    randy

6. GoldWing

GoldWing TS Member

The 1100 Comp. is probably the softest shooting "out of the box" gun out there. The recoil is very light with 1 1/8 oz loads, and shoots like a pellet gun with a 1 oz. load. I had to raise the comb to the top of the pins also. It felt a little muzzle heavy to me, so I machined a piece of steel to fit behind the stock bolt. Theres not room for much, but it balanced much better. I enjoy shooting it, but my wife took it over! Oh well, a good excuse to buy another gun!

7. JonP

JonP Member

I got to shoot one today at the U.S. Open in Sparta - Remington Demo gun.

It's a soft shooter for sure but, I thought it was a tad on the heavy side for sporting clays - I put a 7 oz. Dead Mule in my Browning 325 and the 1100 Competition is heavier than it. I guess one could get use to it but, I'm with the guy above - why can't you get a 28" barrel?

If I was looking for an ultra soft shooter for trap it would be the one.

Jon

8. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

Some feel the same about the K-80 Jon but many are shooting them in clays. They are haeavy to me as well after using Optima bores on an O/U. I think 28" is better weighted for the 1100.

9. skeeter37

skeeter37 TS Member

Bit the bullet and got one today.First day of shooting it and loved it. best I've shot with any new gun and didn't feel anything from recoil after 300 rounds. May be a bit on the heavy side but I think I will get used to that with no problem. I also like th 30" barrel with full choke tube. Don't believe I would want a 28" barrel after shooting this one Thanks for you're input guys.

10. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Does the Competition 1100 have a shell deflector built in it?

Bisi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.