1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Comp Barrell Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Porter, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Anybody know if a standard 1100 or 1187 barrel will fit and work on the new comp gun? I know the porting is different to regulate only target loads. But will a standard barrel harm the action with target loads only? My thinking is that a Hastings Trap barrel would be a real zinger on a new 1100 comp. Wish Rem would build a REAL trap gun with a real trap ribbed barrel.

Love that new gun though.

2. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Any 1100 non- manum barrel will work. I have a Hastings hi rib barrel and have used it on mine.

Ken Rucker

3. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Won't a mag barrel work if you drill out the port a bit?

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

That is a dangerous practice. If the barrel gets used down the road by someone who doesn't know it can now be used for 2 3/4" shells ONLY, he may load a 3" shell and fire it, causing a catastrophic failure of the receiver, bolt, trigger group, etc.

Ken

5. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

Very true.

6. todman2

todman2 Member

Yes. Both a standard 1100 and 1187 barrel will work. I use a 28" Standard 1100 barrel and a 26" 1187 target barrel on my 1100 competition they all function perfectly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.