1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Classic Trap questions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by milkmaster, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milkmaster

milkmaster TS Member

All of my trap guns in the past have all been field guns of one sort or another. Pumps, semiauto's, O&U's, have all been in my hands over the past few months. The used ones I have purchased have been like safe sitters to their previous owners before me, meaning they have shown very little wear before I started shooting trap with them. Now I have opportunity at buying an 1100 Classic Trap from a coworker's son who used it for two trap seasons during high school. Each of the two trap seasons lasted 3-4 months including his tournaments. That means that considerably more shots have been through his 1100 than anything I probably own or have bought used. I feel fairly certain the gun has been cleaned regularly as a part of the high school trap team participations. The boy was a good shooter and particular about his things.

The son selling the weapon is starting his freshman year in college and wants to sell the 1100 for a new laptop. He originally asked $800 for it but has had no takers. I suggested $600 might be more in line to help him move it. After a few weeks of inactivity in the sale, yesterday I was asked if I was interested in offering the $600 for the gun including three chokes, choke wrench, & hard lockable foam lined case. The gun was new 3 years ago.

My question is...

New Classic Trap 1100's go for about $925 plus tax around here. The $600 cash price sounds fair to me on the surface. That being said. I have never seen a worn out 1100! Is there anything I should be worried about or examine particularly on the weapon by what I have described here before saying yes or no?

2. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

You could start by not calling it a "weapon" - unless you are planning on buying it to wound/kill someone.

3. 3200s

3200s TS Member

no just get yourself a repair kit

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

The Classic Trap is usually a decent gun. There are some wear items that should be changed on occasion, but not much really goes wrong with them. They appear to take a beating. I bought one used and have put quite a few rounds through it in two years. Aside from normal maintenance and adjustments, nothing major has presented itself. If you are not familiar with it, you might want to have a decent gunsmith give it a good cleaning and a once over and replace whatever wear parts they find that it needs. $600 is a pretty fair price for one in good condition. If you don't want it, post it for sale here and I'm sure you'll find someone that would be interested. I know of two people, offhand, that might be interested.

5. milkmaster

milkmaster TS Member

Thanks to those who replied with good info and suggestions. A new o-ring, maybe new springs, and I should be good to go on the 1100 I think.

To 90T3200 who likes to suggest or correct my use of the term "weapon", Get a Life Man! Last I checked, a shotgun is a firearm, CAN be used as a weapon, and is defintely lethal.

Main Entry: 1weap·on
    Pronunciation: 'we-p&n
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English wepen, from Old English w[AE]pen; akin to Old High German wAffan weapon, Old Norse vApn
    1 : something (as a club, knife, or gun) used to injure, defeat, or destroy
    2 : a means of contending against another

6. 90T3200

90T3200 TS Member

So is a pencil if I shove it in your eye - but you don't write with a weapon. Last time I checked, cave men invented sharp object to hunt, kill, and cut - you don't cut your meat with a "steak weapon". Do you?

Quit cow-towing to the liberal anti-gun left. They already want to ban your 1100 as an "assault weapon", per HR 1022. Its a shotgun, a firearm, a gun, period. Get a grip of the fact any time you use the catch phrases "weapon", "assault rifle", or "assault weapon", you aren't doing us any favors. Don't harm someone with it, and its not a weapon, plain and simple.

7. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

This is my weapon and this is my gun....This is for killing and this is for fun! We don't need to adopt the left's teminology assigning the label "Weapon" to ANY and ALL firearms. They have been so convincing with their mindeless clones, that even some of us have picked up the habits too.

90T3200

I have a whole ARSENAL of Steak Weapons! I use them often and with great skill! Pencils are for puncturing ears, use an "eyes" pick instead!

8. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

600 to 650 is probably a pretty fair price for a used one, depending on condition. Personally I like the old 1100 trap grade better(seem to be more solid), but the classic trap models are OK I guess. I agree that the term "weapon" is out of place for the gun. It is a sporting firearm. A weapon is used to kill. Calling a trap gun a weapon uis like calling a ball bat one. Yes it CAN be used as one, but that is not the intended purpose.

9. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I sure all those CLAY pigeons think it's a weapon. lololol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.