1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 bolt closer

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by don q, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. don q

don q TS Member

I can't seem to find the thread that had the screw on bolt closer for a 1100. The thread also had pics of it. Thanks, don q

2. jamiebanker

jamiebanker Member

Don, search for the Subject: remington 1100 release button extensions. There is a post by "LukeG" that has pics of one installed. I bought 3 but have not installed them yet.

Jamie

3. don q

don q TS Member

Thanks Jamie, I e-mailed Shane Roberts and hopefully I'll get one. don q

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Any bolt release that hangs below the receiver is a hazard. Ask anyone who "had" one. Not many people keep them, since perforated fingers are usually painful. There is a carrier from Remington that they call a "competition" carrier. The release is about 1/4" longer and does not interfere with loading the magazine either. It actually makes it easier. It also does not hang down and close the action on your fingers when something accidentally trips it.

Here's a thread to look through:

http://www.trapshooters.com/cfpages/sthread.cfm?threadid=185398

Mash the link at the top to see what I'm talking about. I've used these with little trouble, and would recommend them over the "button" type.

5. don q

don q TS Member

Quack Shot, thanks for the info. I'll look into it. don q

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Here is a standard assembly, you can see the difference.
    The ones that hang down considerably can be a hasard. The only guy I know with the exstended button type is always bumping it. Closeing the action with out notice. Also with the open and empty rule it can be a bit nerveing when this thing slams shut. I for one with a few bad exsperiences with auto loaders think they should have a empty chamber flag

7. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Quack Shot, Why didn't you tell me this,before several of my friends (and your friends)and yours truly smashed their fingers.To think you actually saw my smash the fingers in action, & kept this little secret.
    Joe Jordan

8. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Hi Joe,

You had it installed before you told me and I did tell you I didn't like that style. :) Now you know why I carry a stack of band-aids in my pocket when I see someone with one of those. :)

Carl

9. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Carl,
    Now I know why you kept following me around,with bandages sticking out of all of your pockets.
    Thanks,
    Joe

10. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Joe,

I had a premonition when I saw that thing hanging down under your receiver. The first time I heard the bolt slam home and the resulting "expletive deleted", I knew the bandaids would come in handy. :) If you get one of the Remington carriers, I can put it on your trigger assy, or that local gunsmith could do it in a few minutes.

Carl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

bolt slamming shut on 1100