1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 Barrel Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FPBristol, Jun 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

I have acquired a 1100 magnum barrel. There is only one gas port and to operate with target loads can the diameter of the port be increased? and, if so to what diameter?

2. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I was shooting my mag 1100 for trap, light loads no good. Nitro 27 handicap loads performed ok but need to keep very clean....Target barrel is way to go.

3. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

I understand about the trap barrels. I have eleven Remington 1100's. Every target configuration and barrel type ever made. I just happened on this barrel for $40.00 and couldn't turn it down. I read somewhere that you could open up the magnum barrel by increasing the gas port diameter, however, I forgotten the source and was hoping someone here might know.

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

It's a good way to ruin a good barrel. I wouldn't do it, simply because some day I might want to use it for Magnum loads and forget that it was drilled out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.