1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 barrel modification

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smokinbuck, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokinbuck

smokinbuck Member

I have a left hand 1100 with a 30" "fixed" full choke. Have been looking for a 28"-30" barrel with choke tubes to no avail and am wondering about the practicality, and cost, of having it threaded for choke tubes???
    Mark

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

LH 1100 rem-choked barrels are extremely rare. Remington introduced the rem-choke in 1986, and by 1987, the 1100 was discontinued in favor of the 1187. I owned a 28" rem-choke 1100 barrel, but it was 3", and I never really had enough confidence shooting 2 3/4" out of a 3" barrel, so I ended up selling it.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Briley will "whack it", install thinwalls (nearly invisible) for $250. I have them in my MX3

4. 121083

121083 Member

I have seen a few left and right 1100 barrels that have had choke tubes installed. Have Briley install them. If you are looking for a choke tube barrel they are choke tube experts. I had a barrel with choke tubes installed by a local gun smith and it never seemed to shoot straight. For $250 to have them installed you would pay at least that for a factory barrel if you could find one. Find a 30" 3" barrel and have it cut down to 28", have the choke tubes put in, I believe they will install a new front bead, and then drill the second gas hole in it and it will function with 2/3" shells just fine. I have drilled a couple of 3" barrels for people so they could shoot 2/3" shells and if you are careful is is fairly easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.