1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 a problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jetguy, Jun 12, 2013.

1. jetguy

jetguy TS Member

I have a problem with the 1100 setting of the target when closihg the bolt. I think its time to trade. Any help here. Thanks. Jim

2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

That is the lamest excuse I've heard for buying a new gun for a long time, but if it works for you. :) Just turn your gun to the side and close the bolt. Shooters have been able to do this for many years. It's even easier, if you do it during the 2 second delay after another shooter has shot. Mark

3. Avatar

Hey, any excuse for buying a new gun is a good one, so long as it satisfies the wife. Also, sometimes the voice-actuated traps go off if you breath at them the wrong way. Last time I was at the range, one of the traps was off line and I was told it was because it was firing off too many clays on its own due to the slight breeze that day.

I also use an 1100, and turning it to the side before closing the bolt is usually enough. If I get a station that is too sensitive, I either tip the mike up away from me a bit more or step back before hitting the bolt release. Got to lover that authoritative sound as the bolt slams home. None of the guys with their expensive K guns can do that, lol.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It ain't the gun, it's your timing when closing the bolt. You are simply waiting too long and are closing it outside of the time window the voice release ignores sounds. Close the bolt immediately after the shooter next to you fires.

5. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

I have used an 1100 and a 11-87 for years. Vandalia, (once) at Sparta, Cardinal Center, Elysburg, and a number of smaller clubs. I have NEVER once had a voice release launch a target on the gun closing so I guess if you want to get rid of that noise maker, just send it to me and I will give it a complementary 10 year duration field test.

If it launches a target prematurely during that ten year test period, I will be happy to inform you of the continuing nature of the problem. In the meantime you would have to get yourself another gun to use. Heck, I won't even charge you for my testing of your gun at various clubs and locations.

If you want to give me that noisy old thing, just let me know.

Hint: I don't really expect you to give me free gun for ten years but what the heck, just like ugly old me asking a great looking lady for a date, nothing ventured/nothing gained. And I bet that 1100 won't slap my face as hard as that good looking woman did ??

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

If the shooter next to me tries "turning it to the side" or takes a "step back" before closing the bolt, he will hear some language he may not have heard before - and not nice language.

Close the bolt when a shooter ahead of you has fired, and the trap won't have time to reset. Don't move off your post and keep your gun pointed downrange.

7. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

if you want to sell it let me know

kevin

8. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Hold your thumb on the bolt when you hit the release and let it slowly close, therefore causing no noise at all

9. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you can't figure out the timing to close your gun you should get a different gun.

Canterbury (and probably others) voice calls have a dead period after activation, and when the shooter 2 stations over pulls the trigger is the time.

Or you can also close it when your neighbor's gun fires. Of all the shooting problems I have had or see this is the easiest to fix.

HM

10. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

If you hold the gun off to the side of your body, with the barrel still pointing downrange, the action is away from the speaker and will not set it off. This technique works when you are practicing on a trap by yourself, and you can't close during the time delay. Mark