1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 28 ga. Barrel Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike K P, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

At the risk of embarrassing myself I have a question I am going to ask anyway. Does anyone know if a 28 gauge 1100 barrel can be modified to fit a 28 ga. 870? I know there is the gas port issue and it would take some work but can it be done and does anyone know by whom? They don't make anything longer than 26" for the 870. Thanks for not laughing (too hard). Mike.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Mike, there are aftermarket barrels out there for the 870. Most have chokes as well, not sure how many are out there for the two smaller gauges, but I would look into that option long before you hack up a good 1100 barrel. Cabales had them in the 12 ga. I know. Good Luck and Break-em all. Jeff

3. gkinla

gkinla Member

Try Corsons Barrels. He has several 28 ga 870 barrels, all around $250.

4. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

Mike
    I shoot a 28 ga 870 and understand your desire. You might consider adding a cutts comp to a barrel to acheive the length/weight you want. I have both a skeet and a cutts barrel and prefer the cutts barrel.
    regards
    Bob

5. Mike K P

Mike K P Member

Thanks for the reply's. Mike

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Briley has extended some 12ga barrels by addind a piece of tube then extending tha rib. Maybe worth a call. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.