1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100 20ga help please

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by duh, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duh

duh TS Member

I have just purchased a Remington 1100 20 gauge with a barrel marked SKEET. The receiver serial number ends with an X and without putting a scale or caliper to it the barrel ring appears the same diameter as a 12 gauge barrel.

The gun was advertised as a Remington 1100 SKEET - however the receiver is not stamped SKEET as my trap 1100s are stamped TRAP. How may I tell if this is a field receiver with a skeet barrel or an original skeet model - or at that time was there any difference.

Should a 1100 12 gauge monte carlo stock fit this receiver?

Any recommendations on where I may find replacement parts for this 1100?

Thanking you - I am - duh

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Serial number ending in an "X" is a full size (12ga) frame 20ga. Thus, as PerazziBigBore says, a 12ga stock will bolt right on.<br>
    <br>
    The only info I have on the 20ga skeet model shows it came in two different configurations - with a mahogony stock or a walnut stock. I don't know if the receivers were specially marked or not. The below is from the Remington Society webpage:<br>
    <br>
    1964<br>
    Remington introduced 16 and a 20 gauge versions of the Model 1100 to the Field, Magnum and Skeet Model 1100 shotguns. Concurrently, the company introduced 16 gauge Field and 20 gauge Field, Magnum and Skeet versions.<br>
    <br>
    1966<br>
    Remington introduced a new Model 1100 Lightweight 20 Gauge Shotgun with standard 20 gauge frame (they mean the full size 12ga frame), but with a light weight, checkered mahogany stock and fore-end, in Field and Skeet models. The plain barrel version ($154.95) - the ventilated rib version ($179.95) - and the Model 1100 SA Skeet version with vent rib barrel ($184.95). In 1966, Remington also introduced the Model 1100 Deer Gun, a 12 gauge gun with 22" plain barrel choked for rifled slugs and buckshot loads, and ramp front sight and adjustable rifle-type rear sight. It also featured a checkered American walnut stock and fore-end, and a rubber recoil pad with white line spacer. It retailed for $174.95. In 1966, Remington Arms Company celebrated its 150th Anniversary by introducing two commemorative versions of the Model 1100, in trap and skeet configurations. A total of 2,929 of these shotguns were sold in 1966 and early 1967.

3. skiroy

skiroy TS Member

Duh
    The only difference in the field, skeet and trap receivers is the stamping. No mechanical differences between any of the receivers. Also you do have what is commonly referred to as a Standard weight 20 ga. 1100. This is a 20 ga built on a 12 ga. receiver, therefore swings like a 12 ga. with less recoil than a 20 ga. light weight.
    Laurence Pylinski

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.