1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100/1187 Release Trigger

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Capt.Ron/FL, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Capt.Ron/FL

Capt.Ron/FL Member

Looking for a junk release trigger. Can be pretty much wore out etc. Only need to work 8-10 times a night on a bench rest. Just trying to save me a few bucks for a trigger..Trying my hand at card shooting..

Many Thanks

Ron

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I'm puzzled. Why would you want a release trigger for card shooting. It seems to me that is the one place where you want a smooth, crisp pull trigger like a rifle or pistol. Worn out release triggers can do nasty things, like "pulling through"
    (firing the gun) when you set the trigger,

3. Capt.Ron/FL

Capt.Ron/FL Member

dickgtax..

As you know as shooters we all see things differently..I am just trying to card shoot both on a small budget and the way I see it. Using a trigger shoe I am still not able to make a smooth pull. I shoot release for all shotgun sports and my 2 hunting rifles are also release..

My intent was to maybe shake loose a trigger that someone had but had forgotten about, had but no longer owned a 1100/87 that I could pick up for a little less than going price, trying to save a buck or two. Maybe my wording was a bit vague, but had no intention of being unsafe if that was your concern.

Thank you for your time and effort to post.

Ron