1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1100/1187 JACK WEST STOCK

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by soup, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soup

soup Member

FOLKS ,
    Who has a Jack West Stock on their 1100/1187 trap model gun ? What are your like / dislikes / Do any of you use this gun for doubles ?
    I'm told he is comming out with a new "injection mold " stock in a few weeks & intend to get one . Just wondering how youall like it.
    Thank you in advance for your time & help.
    BILL

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

The old style ones are very well built. They will fit an 1100, 1187, and an 870. HMB

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

I had one that was the original model. It worked very well except for the grip was too short for my hands. I guess he addressed this issue on the 2nd generation. Well worth the money!

ec90t

4. gkinla

gkinla Member

I have the original model. The stock is tough takes a beating without showing marks and if it does so what. This is my project gun from several years ago. I shoot it weekly...stock shows no appreciable wear. The 1100 gets good marks for it's good looks and shooting comfort with the GraCoil. The stock was cut to keep the factory LOP. One and a half inches were cut off the action spring tube and re-threaded and re-drilled. I found a spring from Sure Cycle (Brownells) that would work without causing spring bind...the finer wire of the two springs that come in the package.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I hope Jack West gets a stock set out on the market. And I hope the grip is closer in profile to the original.

6. trapman69

trapman69 Member

That's a very nice looking 1100 you fixed up. Great job. Tom R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.