1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

110 volt or 220 volt shotmaker??

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmOU, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

Which is better? I would rather have a jim stewart shotmaker, but I would have to have about a 100 feet of wire run underground to my shed with a 220 volt plug. With a 110 volt we can run the electric ourselves. Is it worth it for me to get the stewart shotmaker and have to pay the extra money to have an electrician come in, or should I just buy the 110 volt littleton?

2. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

I have one of each and the only diference I run across is this. The 220v model seems to heat up much faster but I have to melt using the larger size shot because it pours faster. The lead will start to burn to hot in the ladle with smaller shot size.

3. fiftystr8

fiftystr8 TS Member

If you can run 110, you can run 220 just as easily!

4. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

I'm not sure of the amp. required but I would get the 240v unit, it will draw less current. 100ft is a long run. fiftystr8 is right, one is as easy to run as the other.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

You can run a 220 extension cord, know any welders? If you are going to power up your shed go for the 220. Then you can run anything welders compressors ect ect. Plasma cutter, think you dont need one of those. Thats what i thought until i came across one cheap. My next update is to get the max power i can to house and shed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.