1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

11-Yr-Old Suspended From School

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Joe Potosky, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

11-Yr-Old Suspended From School For Merely TALKING About Guns

OWINGS, MD -- The father of a middle schooler in Calvert County, Md. says his 11-year-old son was suspended for 10 days for merely talking about guns on the bus ride home.

Bruce Henkelman of Huntingtown says his son, a sixth grader at Northern Middle School in Owings, was talking with friends about the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre when the bus driver hauled him back to school to be questioned by the principal, Darrel Prioleau.

"The principal told me that with what happened at Sandy Hook if you say the word 'gun' in my school you are going to get suspended for 10 days," Henkelman said in an interview with WMAL.com.

So what did the boy say? According to his father, he neither threatened nor bullied anyone.

"He said, I wish I had a gun to protect everyone. He wanted to defeat the bad guys. That's the context of what he said," Henkelman said. "He wanted to be the hero."

READ COMPLETE ARTICLE

http://pro.wmal-af.tritonflex.com/common/page.php?pt=WMAL+EXCLUSIVE%3A+11-Yr-Old+Suspended+From+School+For+Merely+TALKING+About+Guns&id=26543&is_corp=0

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The bus driver and principle should both lose their jobs!

Mental patients SHOULD not be working around children!!

3. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

4. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

Hard to disagree with the ACLU on this one.

"Across the board, we are concerned about practices where we have these sort of knee-jerk reactions without really stopping to think and use our common sense about whether what a kid is doing or saying actually presents any sort of concern for the safety and well-being of others,"

5. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

What a crock of crap only a libtard "IDIOT" would think this kid did something threatening!

6. Avatar

The bus driver, principal and deputy sheriff should lose their jobs--if it really transpired as reported. Can't anyone show some common sense, anymore?

7. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world of our current public education system brought to you by the Federal Government.

If you can afford it, get your children out of public (federally funded) schools, they will be the ones to help return the USA back to a Republic.

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

If I had a kid ...I'd teach him how to eat a slice of pizza into the shape of a BT99 and have FOX news there to broadcast nationwide how moronic these goofballs are that are entrusted with teaching our kids as we leave the schools principals office,...We'd be wearing our favorite shotgun logo tee shirts to face the cameras for our TV interviews too...we all need to overload their little brains so they just might extract their heads from their rectums and face reality

9. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Wonder at what age kids begin to think that some parental/school rules and laws are absurd. And young children, IMO, may not have the developmental skills to recognize the absurd laws from the logical and helpful laws. We know many adults can't do that!

Somehow I came to remember what a good time I had at a public school carnival after school...age about 6. I put down a little ticket for a chance to win a prize..I was given, (shock) a little rifle that fired ping pong balls (via compressed air) at a picture with cutouts of clown's face. Get the ball into the mouth and one wins a prize. I did, was surprised, and won something. I felt like a "big kid" as I recall and my self esteem was improved for the moment!

I fear that children may not learn that laws and rules make sense, but that laws and rules serve little purpose and, hence, see laws and rules merely as impediments, impediments to be avoided and ignored via stealth and guile.