1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

11-87 trigger group

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tudurgs, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

Am trying to reasssemble my grandson's 11-87 L/H, (I got it back in a bag of parts) and have come up with a problem I haven't encountered before. The silver release pad that releases the tongue which allows you to insert a second shell in the magazine tube is jammed. I can't get the tongue to release. Any suggestions?

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Did you take it back out and reinstall it?

3. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

It was out of the action when I got it back. Trigger group and gas seals were in a plastic bag. The latch is jammed whether in or out of the receiver

4. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

THE PLUNGER AND SPRING MAY BE JAMMED/CORRODED OR OVER EXTENDED. TRY REMOIL AND A SMALL SCREWDRIVER TO WORK IT IN AND OUT OF ITS BORE.

5. tudurgs

tudurgs Member

FWIW, my S-I_L, who is not really a gun guy, but is very mechanically-minded, picked up the trigger, stared at it, turned it over several times, and pushed and pribed, and suddenly, it worked, His answer "I have no idea what I did". Anyway, the gun is now on its way to the range tomorrow.

6. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

probably had the plunger overextended and jammed on the release

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

11-87 trigger group upgrades