1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

11-87 question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by avidtrapshooter, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avidtrapshooter

avidtrapshooter TS Member

i dunno if the pic worked at all but on my 11-87 where the magazine tube inserts into the action part of the gun there is a piece of metal that goes over the mag tube that slides in under a clip type thing, and that piece of metal came of and with it it took a chunk of the magazine tube with it you'll see what i mean if the picture works, i am wondering if anyone else has seen this and if it would be functional without damaging the gun further. any input would be great thanks.
    zane

2. avidtrapshooter

dang it maybe that link'll work

3. avidtrapshooter

sent it to the gunsmith to toy with today said the magtube had to be replaced and i needed a couple new pieces, hopefully the bill don't run up to high.

4. avidtrapshooter

apparently this was caused by something wrong in the forend putting torque on the magazine tube and its gonna run me up to like $200 to fix, hopefully i can talk remington into repairing it for free, i tell ya my next gun is gonna be a break action so much less to go wrong, maybe a bt-99 and if i get real spendy an XT.

5. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Last one I sent to the Rem repair for the same thing cost $160 ten years ago. Jeff

6. avidtrapshooter

how long did it take for them to get it back to you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.