1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

11-87 Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 6goldeneye, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6goldeneye

6goldeneye TS Member

Can an 11-87 trap barrel be used on a std. 11-87 premier receiver? Fellow selling it states that it must be used on a 2-3/4 inch 11-87 receiver...I wasn`t aware there was a short action 11-87...thinking he might be mistaken... only thing I can think of is that the 11-87 premier trap receiver could possibly be a 2-3/4 inch configuration...any Rem tech`s help appreciated...Thanks, Jerry

2. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

Yes. JM

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It certainly can.

And there is no such thing as a "2-3/4" 1187 receiver". They ALL can handle 3" shells providing a barrel chambered thus is installed.

Note that the trap barrel has a standard contour. Some of the Premier models had a light contour barrel. If your Premier has a light contour barrel, you'll need to obtain a standard contour forend to work with the trap barrel. Or open up the barrel channel, which is a pain.

4. 6goldeneye

6goldeneye TS Member

JM & Brian, Thanks for the responses...that`s what I figured but wanted to ask here, as I knew someone would have the correct info. ...my 11-87 does in fact have the std. contour barrel and the forend will work without mod`s. with the trap barrel...Thanks again for the help...Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.