1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

11-87 problem

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by deadelk, Jul 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadelk

deadelk Member

I have a 11-87 premier that I can only load when the action is in the cocked position. Have I installed the trigger group wrong? Or is it something else?
    Thanks From Utah.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    There is nothing wrong with your 1187.

The reason you cannot load it with the hammer down is due to the design. When the trigger is pulled, the gun fires (obviously) but this also allows a shell to be released from the magazine, followed by the shell stop preventing the next shell from being released, which would jam the lifter.

When you try to load the magazine with the hammer down, the gun is acting as per above. The shell you are trying to load cannot get past the shell stop, which has been engaged.

The solution is to cock the gun, put the safety on, and close the bolt, with or without a shell, depending on whether you want a loaded chamber or not. Then load the magazine.

3. deadelk

deadelk Member

Well if it ain't broke I don't have to fix it. Thanks for the info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.