1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

11-87 PROBLEM, NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by emb120, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emb120

emb120 TS Member

Once shell is chambered, it is sometimes very difficult to unload the gun. The shell seems to get stuck in the chamber not allowing the bolt to be cycled. I'm using new estate shells. Does anyone know if it is possible and how one could polish the chamber so that the shells don't get stuck? The gun fires and cycles fine. Problem only exists when trying to unload manually. I had a previous post on the matter and appreciate all the advice and have found this to be the problem. Thanks, Jason

2. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

chances are the Estates are not sized right for your chamber. Thats true of a lot of "off brand" shells in my gun. See if the same thing happens with a "big 3" shell. Bet it does not....smoker

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You can polish the chamber using a brake cylinder hone and an electric drill. HMB

4. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Before I got to aggresive, I would use a chamber brush and clean Chamber, And try some Remington ammo. Take barrel off of gun,clean it and test different ammo in barrel only. Might get a better feel of your actual problem. Good Luck.

Joe Woods/Ontario

5. M R Ducks

M R Ducks Member

Is this a new issue or did it just start? If new, your chamber needs a thorought cleaning. If not , try differenet ammo as suggested.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Take the barrel off and drop a loaded shell into the chamber. It should go in freely and drop out the same. If it does then forget about the chamber and go to the locking mechanism on the bolt. Make sure the bolt handle slides freely in the slot on the bolt and when you pull it to the rear the locking bolt dros down. If this is not happening then look for grit between the locking botl and the bolt body.

7. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

had the same problem with my 1100 and 391 using reloaded hulls that have the steel base like estates and federals. what i did was to clean the chamber with a brush to get rid of any plastic build up, and then used a bore mop on a cleaning rod attached to a drill to polish the chamber with FLITZ. this worked for me. JM

8. emb120

emb120 TS Member

I bought the gun used. I suspect this problem may have been there all along. I have only fired 50 shells through it. However, the gun is in superb condition. When I push a shell in the chamber, it goes in fine, but the last 1/16th of an inch seems to bind. As I continue to add pressure it will seat with an audible clicking sound and then it is stuck. I'm sure if the gun had a second extractor opposite the stock one that the shell would pull out just fine. Is it possible that a gun may not be able to run certain brands of ammo and function flawlessly with others? Is this an ammo and not a gun problem? Thanks for your replies. Jason

9. jm1079

jm1079 Well-Known Member

sounds like plastic buildup on the rearmost part of your chamber. give it a good scrubbing with a chamber brush and try it again. jm

10. smifshot

smifshot TS Member

as said before......try some different shells....bet its the shells with metal other than brass....let us know what the solution is...stroker

11. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Ditto wolfram

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Put a different barrel on the gun, then you will know if it is your shells or the barrel that's the problem. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.