1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

11-87 Premier Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Capt.Ron/FL, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt.Ron/FL

Capt.Ron/FL Member

I have a 11-87 Premier with a field stock on it. If I have the comb cut will that enable me to raise comb high enough to shoot doubles with it?? Looking for a Trap stock, condition not important as going to have hydro-dipped anyway.

Many Thanks,

Ron H.

2. NJCOP

NJCOP TS Member

Pitch of the stock would need a lot of correcting but a really good stock guy could prpbably do it or you could pay less money and buy a trap stock. Try gunparts.com.

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Why do you need a high stock to shoot doubles? HMB

4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Get a Jack West stock for $200, and you get the adjustable comb. You could have it hydro-dipped or get the one that already is, for a couple dollars more. Then keep or sell your field stock intact. Mark

5. Capt.Ron/FL

Capt.Ron/FL Member

If I mount the gun as is I see the back of the reciever and almost no rib. I know all my problems would be solved with a Jack West stock set, but trying to do on the cheap. What I need is an old used and abused 1100-11-87 Trap buttstock just to get me going..

Many Thanks for the replies,

Ron H.

6. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Here is one on ebay (see link above) that is just getting started. The rest them listed are over $200. Mark

7. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

I HAVE AN 1187 STRAIGHT COMB TRAP STOCK THAT IS DECENT. HAS A KICK EZE PAD. 50 BUCKS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED. PM ME YOUR EMAIL AND I CAN SEND YOU A PICTURE.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Note that the difference between a Remington 870/1100/1187 straight comb trap stock and a monte carlo trap stock is in the drop at the butt, NOT in the height of the comb. The comb is actually the same height for both stocks.

If you have a short neck, the straight comb trap stocks works best.

If you have a long neck, the monte carlo trap stock works best.

If you can find one of the plain walnut slug gun stocks, they are almost identical in cut to the monte carlo trap stock, the main difference being a slightly shorter length of pull (probably taking into account heavier clothing).

Remington also makes a synthetic black monte carlo slug gun stock that works fine as a trap stock.

The best solution, unless you really want wood, is the Jack West stock since it has an adjustable comb.

The stock Lugnutz is selling is a bargain. You can also have it converted to an adjustable comb. One of the regulars here, Tron, can do this. His work is excellent.

9. Capt.Ron/FL

Capt.Ron/FL Member

LUGNUTZ...You have a PM.

Thanks guys for putting me on the right path

Ron H.

10. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Go to a drug store or Wally World & get some mole skin, it comes in different thickness' try about 1\8 in and add more as needed to find out whether an adj. comb is worth the $$$$$$. Inexpensive way to play with various heights. This may also help with cheek bump. I still see this on peoples guns. Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

remington 11-87 monte carlo trap stock for sale