1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

11-87 premier light contour?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sdhunter, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdhunter

sdhunter TS Member

I am looking at an 1187 premier light countour in th 96% range, in your opinion is it worth 450.00. It has 3 chokes included. Took the gun apart and and the receiver shows little use. Is this a decent buy? Its a 30 inch ribbed barrel.

Steve

2. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

If it is a Premier Trap, it is a decent buy...yes! If it is a field model, it is still a decent buy. 11-87s and 1100s in good condition sell in this range. If you like it, buy it. Best Regards, Ed

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

especially if it has the nice engraving on the reciever,..these are some of the prettier guns of all of the recent Remmys

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

450 is probably every penny that its worth. It is definitely worth it. I have one, and I use it for everything in the field. Great gun.

5. powderburn

powderburn Member

Hi Guys,
    I just priced an 11-87 light contour 30" barrel at Midwest Gun Works yesterday, and the barrel alone is $260. So, based on that, I would say buy it.
    -powderburn

6. skarloey

skarloey TS Member

Recommend you jump on it.

7. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's a good deal. The barrel is a bit long for field use, but all you have to do is add a trap buttstock (straight comb, monte carlo, or even a monte carlo walnut slug gun stock) and you have an instant trap gun. The current 1100 Trap uses a 30" light contour barrel similar to this one (though it lacks the compensating gas system).

8. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

There was a 30 inch barrel on here for 120 shipped. It was a light contour. I use the 30 inch for everything. Its a goose and duck slayer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

11-87 premier light contour