1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

11-87 L/HSafety

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tudurgs, Apr 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tudurgs

tudurgs TS Member

Is there a video or instruction sheet for converting an 11-87 (or 1100) trigger group to a left hand safety? Thanks.

John
  2. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

You need a new button. see link. Mark
  3. tudurgs

tudurgs TS Member

I already have a L/H trigger group which has gone bad. Hoping to be able to cannibalize the present one and modify a R/H trigger group. It appears that L/H 11-87 trigger groups are no longer available from Big Green.

John
  4. Oregunner

Oregunner Well-Known Member

Have you called Remington? They list one on their parts list. part# F110107 11-87 trigger assembly, LH eject, left hand safety. $99.00
  5. tudurgs

tudurgs TS Member

Thanks. Saw that. They say it's not in stock. I suspect they have stopped making L/H 11/87's
  6. Ted

Ted TS Member

FYI - I had Remington switch my 11-87 safety to work left handed. Fellow did it at the Grand three years ago and it took about 5 minutes. Ted
  7. wolfram

wolfram Active Member

There is a lot more involved in converting a RH trigger group to work in a LH gun that changing the safety button. You didn't really say what was wrong with the existing LH trigger group but I think you will be money and time ahead just rebuilding the LH tigger group. Some of the parts in a RH trigger group can be used but not all. You should be able to get what you need from Brownells.

The Fortmann conversion button is a good product and is very useful in converting RH guns - I have used this conversion on several of my Remington shotguns.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.