1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

11-87 help

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jdsfarms, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

I have an 11-87 premier trap with 28"factory big bore barrel choked full all the sudden after you fire it the action will not stay open.I shoot a release and have two triggers for it and today someone wanted to shoot it so I put the pull trigger in it and it functions perfectly so I assume that something in the release trigger mechanism is worn and that is causing it to not stay open after firing I don't see anything broke any ideas? Thanks Jerry

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

It could just be dirt in the gas ports or crud on the mag tube...a bad O-ring gas seal ..and the action is not cycling back far enough in its stroke to catch on the detent catch on the trigger...if not that,..its in the trigger...dirt ..lubrication..or mechanical problem..

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Clean the malfunction trigger assembly, look for debris in it, then lightly lube and test.

After that check for:

Weak carrier latch spring.

Plunger sticky or froze up.

Bent carrier latch.

Bent or damaged carrier latch stud.

Excessive wear on the carrier dog.

4. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.