1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

10mm Loads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Zuzax, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

I'm a new Delta Elite owner, what are you 10mm guys shooting? Is the 155gr bullet a good way to go? The 180 and 200 seem like they are very simailar to a .45 ACP.

Cheers,

George

2. oz

oz Active Member

load what you like. 180 is the standard. the 10mm is NOT like a 45. It is very powerful, almost a 41 magnum. your dies will load 10mm and 40 cal. oz

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I load the 155gr Hornady XTP bullets in my .40S&W loads. I know a .40 is far from a 10mm but the 155gr are nice smooth shooting loads. For the 10mm you probably want a little more bullet weight. Just my uneducated opinion.

4. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

Do not compare the .45 to any other load.
    There is no such load in any caliber as a "standard load".
    The glock is the closest gun to have what could be called a standard load as the barrels are made to shoot low velocity heavy bullets.
    If you look thru 10mm loads and 40 caliber loads,NOT GLOCK, you will see similarities. The 40 can almost get to be a 10.Go to Corbon ammo see what they have.
    For Cowboy action shooting I shoot 38/40, the bullet is a 40 or a 10 in lead with no crimp groove. My favorite was the 140 grain flat point and the cheapest to buy and the 180 grain FP, for safety I could not use other weights in lead that were available.
    In JHP, for self defense, the 135 is the best bullet to use.Next the 150. After that it becomes a trade off, the heavier the bullet the slower the velocity.
    When shooting my 1911, delta,for comp or fun most loads were with the 180 grain with light loads, with enough power to hit in a straight line at a 25 yd target of course using a lighter recoil spring.
    The best powder I found was VV 320, it meters best in my 650 and is the cleanest burning of all the powders I tried.
    You will find your 10 is extremely accurate out of the box with the right diameter bullet, at 25 yds if you can, it will shoot into 2 inches or better.

5. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

I load the 155gr Hornady XTP in front of 15 gr of Accurate Arms #9 powder (used to load 16 gr but felt that might be pushing it) and Winchester 150 primers. Very accurate and pretty potent load nearing 1400 fps.
    [​IMG]

6. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

I shoot a ported Springfield Omega mostly using 175gr plated SWCs and Accurate Arms No. 7. Potent, accurate weapon.

7. Zuzax

Zuzax Member

Okay, thanks for the info. I like that 155gr XTP load, gonna try it!

Cheers,

George

8. Smokechaser

Smokechaser TS Member

I like the 200 grain bullets behind a stout load of Blue Dot or Power Pistol. I like the slower powders to help prevent a double charge (in the event of a double charge, the case will overflow with either Blie Dot or Power Pistol). I would stay away from the fast powders, especially AA5 or AA7. The 10mm is a great caliber the one I use in my 1911's when I'm in rural areas; I still prefer the .50 GI or 45 ACP in urban settings....

Have a good time with your Delta; I'be owned several for 20+ years. My 10mm carry is a Dan Wesson 1911 (Gov't size)......good luck

9. KS5SPECIAL

KS5SPECIAL Member

My old load was 8.6g Winchester Action Pistol with 180grain hp and a federal large pistol primer.
    Don't believe WAP powder is available any longer but I'm pretty sure someone is selling the same powder,not sure who though. Used to shoot this out of a S&W 610 revolver. It would be pretty snappy in a semi auto.

10. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

'tis not the velocity that will get you, sooner or later the "pressure" will.
    That #9 load is about 90 percent, hope thats not everyday shooting.Lee

11. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

That AA #9 load is my carry load. Hope I never have to use it other than an occasional practice session. My IPSC load was the 180 gr RNFP and AA#5 powder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

10mm 155 xtp loads aa9