1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

101's kick more than Citori?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brent375hh, Sep 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

I keep seeing on this board how 101's "kick the snot out of you". I have a pair of each (101 & Citori) and have never noticed any difference. I also have not noticed that porting makes any difference. I have to admit that I have not shot more than 200 birds a day, perhaps it becomes more noticeable after that?

Please explain how one gun of the same basic style and weight is suppose to recoil more than another.

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I once had a Citori Special Sporting model with 28" barrels that shot real nice. My friend had a 101 with 30" barrels that "kicked the snot" out of both of us! His gun weighed about 3 oz more than mine as well ! Had to be the design of the stock as we both felt the recoil on our cheeks. We both had Kick-Eez pads.

AndyH ;-)

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I had a 101 Pigeon 30" it did seem to shoot harder than other guns of about the same dimensions??

4. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

I'm going to go out on a limb with a theory that the density of the wood used to make the stock can make a difference. I have shot guns that seemed identical in every way, but the felt recoil was greater in one then the other. Proper gun fit provides the greatest felt recoil reduction.

Robert

5. warren

warren Member

My opinion is that it is back boring that really helps I've got a Browning XT and it is the softest shooting gun I've ever had and it is back bored. I've also owned and shot trap with a 101 that wasn't back bored and it did kick more than my XT. I also own as a backup gun a Rem. 870 which is not back bored and it also kicks considerably more than my XT.

warren

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

OK here's my story.

I've shot pigeon 101's since 87. This year I decided that I wanted to play with an XT that I owned or a Citori. Set both the Brownings up to fit my style and conformation. I will attest to my dying day they only think 101's kick! If Citori's don't, then I must be the only guy in America that they do and 101's don't!

7. 101Diamond

101Diamond TS Member

I think word of mouth and media has a great influance on peoples perception. I have owned no less than 5 DG's and combos, just because I like them and still own 2. Currently shoot a K80 and I can see no diffence in recoil. I can't speak to the standard or Pigeon grades but I really doubt they kick any harder than another gun of equal wieght but fit could be an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.