1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

101 resolder rib question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by harrkidd, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harrkidd

harrkidd TS Member

i have a winchester 101 single 34" trap barrel that needs rib resoldered .. starting to seperate from barrel .. question is any recomendations as to a gunsmith and possibly estimate on cost of such job ?? also would need to reblue barrel ?? any and all info greatly appreciated !! thanks tim..

2. JJM

JJM Member

The best man for the job is Jim's Gun Shop - 514 10th Ave. S.E. - Aberdeen, S.D. 57401.
    Jim has done over six barrels for me and other friend's and his work is great.
    Most of the time reblue is not necessary.
    Call him 605-225-9111 Central time

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

It's a fairly easy repair yourself with some lead solder a few small C clamps and some propane gas, just don't start messing with epoxies or the rib will have to come off for cleaning.

4. mike Adcock

mike Adcock Member

We had the exact problem many years ago. I don't know who it went out to but it took several months to get it back. You could try Toolmaker's suggestion but you may have to touch up the blueing from overflow.

I would suggest the Lock-Tite from Brownell's. I believe its called Black-Max.

Mike

5. cdan12

cdan12 TS Member

Do it with black locktite .did one about 10 years ago still perfect, Dan Witcher

6. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Had the same problem with my 101. Slip a toothpick under the rib. Clean with rubbing alcohol. Work some hitemp Permatex FormaGasket under the rib and clamp with rubber bands. Fixed in 15 minutes for $6.00 and will last forever.

7. DocJim

DocJim Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cost to resolder rib on winchester 101 shot gun