1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

100th Minnesota State Shoot Pics

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CalamitySJ, Jul 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Monday, July 5th -- Minnesota Trapshooting Association's Youth Day

What an incredible day! There were 179 youth shooters gather at Alexandria, Minnesota to compete in both individual and team divisions.

I promise to put up the pictures of the winning teams and youth shooters when I get the names and scores again Wednesday morning, but for now here's a link to a photo gallery of Day 1:

http://gallery.me.com/sjmacnab/100045

CalamitySJ and Coach

2. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Tuesday, July 6th 2010
    Day 1: Warm-Up Day

Warm-up day sure got a lot of us warm--beautiful high 80's weather, light wind and gorgeous blue skies popped those targets. Alexandria Shooting Park was in top form today and the targets were just excellent. This shooter's scores went drastically downhill as the day progressed but the fun never stopped.

Lots of carry-overs and a complete listing of winners tomorrow when we get our ca-ca together. The first free will donation supper (all proceeds will go to the Youth Program) was a pork chop feed, complete with potato salad, beans and rolls. Coach and I both agree that the chops were probably the best in recent memory. Yum! I sure hope there's leftovers in the canteen tomorrow!

Here's some pictures from today:

http://gallery.me.com/sjmacnab/100053

CalamitySJ and Coach

3. Duluth Fatboy

Duluth Fatboy Banned User Banned

Shooters and famlies come for the walleye feed Wednesday @ 6 pm. Hope to see everyone there. George Pappas (Nice Pictures Sally)

4. JRW

JRW Member

Thanks for the pics. Good to see all the young shooters. Jerry in MI.

5. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Good evening from beautiful Alexandria, Minnesota!

Coach and I are dog dead tired after a great day at our 100th State Shoot. This morning was another 100 singles, followed by 100 each of handicap then doubles. The evening finished out with a delicious fish fry--note all the incredible helpers who pitched in to make it such a success. In fact, everyone who'd attended in the past said it was by far the biggest fish fry event ever! The fillets were huge, cooked to perfection and there was a ton of fish for everyone.

I was mighty disappointed that there were no pork chops from last night's feeding frenzy left over and being sold at the canteen. Since Coach and I are not talking about our shooting (let's just skip over that sore topic) we're focusing on good food, great friends and lifelong memories.

Here's the link for the pictures from today. Sorry these come out so late but they take quite a while to download, edit, upload and distribute:

http://gallery.me.com/sjmacnab/100061

Looking forward to tomorrow when tons of friends come in and the competition really heats up (although I'm not sure how much hotter it could get than today--how many 100's were there in singles and doubles?) Once again I throw myself on the mercy of the shooters and tell you that I left with a broken lens today and completely forgot to pick up the scores. Coach and I are tasking ourselves with getting in early tomorrow morning, putting the scores up for everyone to see, and praying the bakery custom baked those 400 brat buns for tomorrow night's Miss And Out Competition!

It's fun and frolic here, and the shooting conditions are absolutely fantastic. If you're not already here get in your car and hurry up! We might save a bratwurst for you!

CalamitySJ and Coach

6. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

PS. This link is also posted on the 100th MN State Shoot website at minnesotatrapshooting.org. Check out the kids' photos and accomplishments from Monday, too. I'll try to include some 'kids of all ages' tomorrow!

CSJ

7. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Looks like a great place to shoot. Great background.

Tom Strunk

8. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Wonderful pictures, Sally! Thanks from all of us. The direct link is above.

Neil

9. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

I like the semi trucks in the background on I94. I though woodchucks were a distraction. I am looking forward to Saturday.

10. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Lit. I had a 94 at singles today and an 89 form the 26. Does that answer your question?

Eric broke 96. Tha twas best at about 3 PM today

11. bas

bas Member

Oh how I wish I were there...I'll bet if I would have mentioned WALLEYE Roger would have jumped at the chance to to. Good shooting everyone!

12. bas

bas Member

Yes, great photos...keep them coming. Seeing them is like old home week!

13. PHILFIRST

PHILFIRST TS Member

I shot for SCSU 26 years ago, moved to Maryland and still consider Minnesota my home. Can't wait to get back there for a shoot. Still the greatest people in the country. Hope your having a GREAT STATE SHOOT. Sincerely Phil in Maryland.

14. TerryC

TerryC TS Member

Calamity,
    Keep the great pic's coming. I so wanted to be there this year.
    We wanted to surprise our friends Tom & Ann Dee Larkin. They are #1
    in our book & he is a great gunsmith. Say hello from us if you see them.
    Would love to see a pic of them.
    Terry & Dianna

15. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Terry,

I remember your call! I'm sorry you weren't able to make it out but we partied enough for all those who couldn't share out 100th with us!

I am back home. My new computer got delivered today and I'm going to upload the rest of the pictures to it and send it out yet tonight. Thanks for everyone's patience--nothing like being in charge of IT at a shoot and having your high powered laptop crash on you. Almost worse that the firing pin on my gun breaking; at least Pat Laib's around to fix that fast. Thanks again, Pat!

Calamity

16. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Sorry these took so long but between IT problems and a good old neck epidurall I've been a little preoccupied.

Here are the last of the pictures from the 100th Minnesota State Shoot. My mobile uplink isn't working right now so here's the direct link to a Facebook album. Enjoy!

Calamity

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=188193&id=548417219

17. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Okay, FINALLY the uplink worked! My original uplink had info on most of the pictures but this one doesn't. I'll try and update soon too.

http://gallery.me.com/sallystevens#100131

18. below 0

below 0 TS Member

Great photos...You did a great job on the photos...See you again next year...Odie

19. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Thanks to everyone for signing our 100th Anniversary guestbook too. It's great to see how where everyone's from and your comments are lots of fun.

www.minnesotratrapshooting.org

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.