1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$100k Cash-money event at the Grand American 2010

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by h92064, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h92064

h92064 Active Member

It was announced today at the Spring Grand 2010 in Tucson, that Bill and LeAnn Martin have donated $100,000.00 to the ATA (the largest donation to the ATA - ever) - to be dispersed at the Grand American shoot 2010 in Sparta, Il. The "just" of the donation is that shooters who participate in at least 4 or all of 9 Handicap events during the Grand, and win at least one of the handicap events, (9 shooters total) will be eligible and invited to a shoot-off, "Winner take ALL" - for $100,000.00 !! Full/complete details will be forthcoming.

Thank the Martin's if you have the opportunity - and plan to attend the 2010 Grand American shoot in Sparta, Il.

2. max trap

max trap Member

This is some really great news. I've heard about there great shoots in Utah but this is OVER THE TOP !! THANKS

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

More money for the Big Dogs - woo hoo!

4. traphouse52

traphouse52 Member

I could be wrong, but I don't think any of the "big dogs" won any of the Hdcp's at last years. Or at least most were people you've never heard of on a national level. I'd say a lot of dogs will have a chance in this fight. the Martin's are definitely doing their part to try and get attendance up in sparta.

5. Dusted1

Dusted1 TS Member

Traphouse52, Who won the Grand American Handicap last year?

6. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

This much money might even make a big dog nervous!

7. motowheelguy

motowheelguy TS Member

For that kind of $$$$ I'll show!

Aaron Holguin

8. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

What a great donation but I'm not certain I agree with the payout. Winner take all? With that much money I think more shooters would attend and shoot more if it were spread out during events.

Either way, what a great donation.

Regards,
    Matt Krizinski

9. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

For that kind of money Brad Dysinger might even make the trip from Ohio to the dreaded Sparta. LOL

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

Matt,
    My thoughts as well. Certainly not an incentive to me. It may just encourage sandbagging.

But it is their money.

I wonder if it will generate any press?

Don Verna

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Press, Hell they might rename Sparta if they are smart, Money talks ... If that don't draw a crowd they better put a nail in the wall and, oh you know the rest of it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

This is not the first time Bill and LeAnn have donated significant cash to support our sport. I hope people realize and take it for what it is, a very generous person doing what he thinks is right for our sport. Sure we can say winner take all isn't the best or more cash for the big dogs, but you know what, Bill is putting his money where is heart is and that's making trapshooting better for all of us. I for one say we should not find fault and let it happen and see what the results are. Oh, and let's all thank Bill when we see him, he deserves it.

Mark Zauhar

13. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

traphouse52 ever hear of Bob Munson? Dave Shaeffer? they won the two big ones.

14. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

For that kind of money ole WPT might leave the desert and head east for a week in August!!

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

traphouse52,

You never heard of Bob Munson ..? He won the Grand American Handicap last year and has one of the, if not the highest singles average in all of the ATA ... Damn nice guy to but when it comes to shooting he don't play nice with others ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. biking

biking Member

You know, it's offers like these that make me wonder what are people thinking. Why not take the money and have a drawing for each event other then the preliminaries....the last ten events draw for $500, $300 and $200 dollars each day. Anybody can win no matter your score, class or if your a big name shooter. Just might be enough incentive to encourage more shooters to attend and some lucky dudes or dudetts will win some folding cash.

17. biking

biking Member

You know, it's offers like these that make me wonder what are people thinking. Why not take the money and have a drawing for each event other then the preliminaries....the last ten events draw for $500, $300 and $200 dollars each day. Anybody can win no matter your score, class or if your a big name shooter. Just might be enough incentive to encourage more shooters to attend and some lucky dudes or dudetts will win some folding cash.

18. J.Woolsey

J.Woolsey Member

Wouldn't want to see it dispersed otherwise. Wonderful gesture on the Martin's part. The day I feel like I haven't a chance of winning a handicap event because the "Big Dogs" will be there is the day I hang my 90-T up for good. FYI they are at the Grand every year folks.

19. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

20. mollyone

mollyone TS Member

Well Put J.Woolsey

jpark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.