1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$1000 Shoot Otter Creek SC 7/2 - 7/4/2011

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jrdlanes, Jun 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

This weekend Otter Creek SC will be hosting our 35th Annual $1000 Shoot. 3 days of shooting available to you. The link above will take you to the OCSC website where you can find the complete program. Saturday 7/2/11 100 ea discipline.
    Monday 7/4/11 Marathon Targets - Your choice and as many as you want! Start w/ $18/100 with the next 100 @ $17 until you shoot your 5th 100. It is FREE!

Sunday 7/3/11 100 singles and then the $$$$ Handicap. Champion wins $1000. RU - $600 and 3rd $400. And just to add to the pot a bit how about an additional $1800 in added money!!! Not enough you say - how about new shells for yardage group and category placements!!!!! Oh - There might be a silent special event going on for Sundays handicap too.

Please come and join us!!! Oh yeah, Saturday night we have the grill going for shooters and a guest. Some electric only camping spots available on a first come - first serve basis. Tina will have the kitchen going for breakfast and lunch.

Now for the wrinkle - DIRECTIONS from the North on I380 - Due to construction on North Center Point Rd you cannot access Tower Terrace Rd there. Take the County Home Rd exit like you normally would but turn West (right) and about 1/4 mi turn left (south) onto Loggerhead Rd. Follow Loggerhead to Tower Terrace Rd. Turn Right (west) and follow it to Milburn like you normally would.

Coming in from the South there is no change. Just take the Blairs Ferry Rd exit off I380 and take it west approx 5 miles to Milburn Rd. Right (north) on Milburn Rd and follow it to the OCSC driveway on your left. The street address is 9001 Milburn Rd Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

OK. That was a lot to input here so if I have confused you please drop me a PM (or call my cell 3193617666) and I will try to straighten you out. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend! John in Iowa

2. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Harlan Campbell called this the biggest little shoot in the land. Saturdays winners in the singles and handicap will be awarded $75-$50-$30 in each class and yardage group and doubles awarded $50-$30 in each class. $1800 added money on Sundays handicap as well as 57 cases of shells awarded on Sunday to 4 places in each of the yardage groups. 6 traps, CVR's Pat traps, 100 per trap. Monday shoot 500 marathon targets for $66/13.20 per 100

3. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

dead a pair

4. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Up for the Iowa boys....

6. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

thanks Dave, I'll say hi to dad for you

7. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Early AM push up.

8. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

I was going to try and beat you to the post this morning John, I was up at 3:30 a.m. loading shells for Doc.

9. grunt

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

The Ouija board says the Guerini should be trained good enough by now to be there Sunday. Looking foward to a good time.

Bill

11. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Top of the Day to Everyone!

Looking forward to a great weekend of trapshooting and socializing with friends. The traps are filled; the grass is cut; the walks are trimmed; some campers have arrived already and things are pretty much ready to go.

$1000 to the Sunday Handicap winner. $600 & $400 to 2nd & 3rd place; 57 flats of shells to yardage group & category place winners and, AND another $1800 in added money!!! If you can't get excited about taking on this challenge then your wood is soggy. Really soggy. :))

We look forward to seeing all of you. John in Iowa

PS - To our northern I380 travelers - Don't forget to note the detour info above.

12. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

All 5's move

13. PerazziMX2000

PerazziMX2000 TS Member

See you all on monday....busy on sunday.

14. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Too bad you have to miss it Bob. It should be a great time. Look forward to seeing you on Monday.

The guys have really got the place looking great. Trap houses are filled wall to wall & floor to ceiling with targets. The Pat traps had fields set this afternoon with the Pierce Anglemaster (btw - works great!). Wireless voice calls are out. We are just waiting for you to arrive and get the shooting weekend started.

Come on out and join us. It should be a great time. We do appreciate your patronage. See you all soon!!! John in Iowa

15. grunt

Up for a great shoot...

16. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Whoops. My bad here gang. I thought I had already put a brief summary but there goes my mind again. My apologies for the tardiness & lack of complete information. I do not have the results sheets in hand so this is from my memory (which I have already proven is suspect :).

7.2.11 Sat Mostly sunny w/ 82 degrees for temps. Winds were from the NNW to NNE at 10-15 mph. 96 singles shooters. There were 2 100 straights Jeff Griep & Mike Yoder. There were 100 handicap shooters and the scores of 95s & 94s took 1 & 1/2 yd punches. I apologize that I do not have the names for you. Doubles high was 97 and I don't know who broke it.

Sunday 7.3.11 Light gray skies w/ 85 degree temps. Light winds of 8-12 out of east. We had 100 singles shooters and my how they did shoot!!!! 8 100s, 19 - 99s and 14 - 98s!!!! 41% of the singles shooters broke a 98 or higher!!!

95 Handicap shooters took the line for $2000 of guaranteed prize money, 57 flats of shells and $1800 in added money. When all was said & done Randy Lowrey of New Boston, IL had a career day (thus far). Randy WAS on the 22.5 yd line. Earlier in the day Randy broke his first ever 100 straight on singles. He got off to a rough start by dropping his first handicap target out. But that was the first, last and only target he dropped! His lone 99 earned him the $1000 first place prize and a 1.5 yd punch to the 24. Congratulations Randy! Well done. Very well done.

Next in line were Steve Johnson (IL) and Tom Kraus w/ 98s and Justin Venner and Austin Majeske w/ 97s. Shells winners went into the 96s & 95s. Congratulations to all of the winners from both days of shooting.

On Monday 7.4.11 we shot marathon targets. Whatever discipline you wanted and as many as you wanted. There were 17,600 ATA targets thrown that day. It was a perfect weather day for shooting targets. Sunny, 85 w/ 4-8 south winds and 60% humidity. There were a number of people who shot 500 or more targets and 3 that I know of who shot 1000 targets.

Thanks to all who attended at any time over the weekend. Your presence and patronage were greatly appreciated. We hope you all enjoyed yourselves enough to consider joining us again sometime.

Thanks to all our help over the weekend also. The kids did a great job all weekend long. Thanks to the club and BOD members who stepped up to do whatever needed doing at the time. You had the place looking great and kept it that way all weekend long.

Regards, John in Iowa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.