1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1000 islands ny fishing??

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Frank C, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I have a friend looking to go fishing in late July for bass and pike etc. in upstate NY, can anyone refer to a good lodge or fish camp, with boat rental available etc?
    Thank, frank c

2. dhip

dhip Active Member

Lake Champlain has em all.I stayed on the Vermont side at the Holiday Harbor.I know you said 1,ooo islands,but after 2 yrs. in a row on Champlain,only way you wouldn't catch fish is if you didn't put a line in the water.

Doug H. (pa)

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug , I will pass it on!

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Thousand Island is one beautiful place.

5. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

Frank,
    I am about 35 minutes from this area & there are many fine guides & places to stay and eat. My suggestion would be to Google Alexandria Bay, Clayton or Cape Vincent, NY to see what they have to offer. Being so close, I have no need to use these facilities so I don't have any personal experience. I can give you 1 example though....Bonnie Castle Resort is considered to be a top of the line place to stay. There are many others, not pushing this one, just saying. Many state & private boat launches if you choose to bring your own boat. Boat rentals are available forom many different marinas.

I have some personal experience with the bass and pike fishing & let me tell you, a 20" smallmouth or a 5 lb. largemouth will get your attention! Also, northern fishing around Henderson Harbor in May along the shallow areas trolling with 10-13" silver Rapalas will get your blood pumping BIG TIME!

If you are interested, a local shooter is also a prominent bass guide in the Henderson area & if you are interested, PM me & I will pass on his number to you.

There are also severval nice wineries in the area should you choose to visit. TI Winery in "The Bay" and Coyote Moon in Clayton.

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I was stationed at Ft Drum years ago and was a fishing junkie at the time. Black Lake is by far the HOTTEST place to go! 15 years after I retired I took my Uncle up there and we had a fishing hay day! There was a small lake just North of Drum that was great as well but can't remember the name. Dang it fishing in that area is good just about anywhere. Jake

7. semperdog

semperdog TS Member

+1 for Black Lake. Lots of cottages to choose from, and very close to Alex Bay (but half the price). Great fishing on Black Lake- they have a nice public boat launch. I lived there for a few years after being discharged frfom the Army @ Ft. Drum. I bartended @ Riveredge Resort (next to Bonnie Castle. You'll pay a mint to stay in ABay, stay @ Black Lake, in Hammond, NY. many of the cottages have boats to rent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.